Sunday, April 15, 2007

Responses: Love...New York Style, ya' fuckin' asshole!

New Yorkers. So fun. 20 kajillion people packed into an area smaller than a backyard in an LA suburb.

Their responses follow. I don't even look at the pictures anymore, but I'm pretty sure I got several dick pictures because I see several emails that just say things like, "Eat this!" or other equally sophomoric things. I won't include those.

I'll begin with the very last email received...


0
Your posting has been flagged down by craigslist users.

Approximately 98% of postings removed by flagging are in violation of craigslist posting guidelines.

Please make sure you are abiding by all posted site rules, including our terms of use: ...yada yada yada. We're used to this by now, right?

1
Amazing,
I love that you are asking for parental references. It almost makes me
want to answer this challenge. I don't think I have ever had to apply for
anything in my life that required so much info. I have to say that right
off the bat, this date does'nt look like it has fun written all over it.
But I respect that as a woman, you have to be careful about who and where.
So good luck and best wishes, I think I am too much of a fly by the seat of
my pants kind of guy for you.

2
hi there i am colin not colin farrell i am 29 from nyc i am single would love to show you i aint one of the guys i hope you pick me thanks

3
oh ya,like any guy will do that, you dont even post apicture, i highly doubt the accuracy of that so called story in watts???[ya fucking right]please get back on your meds

4
sounds like you want to steal somebody else's identity

5
Who needs someone like you ?

6
I think you should be a comedian :-), or a private investigator... It took you a few months to decide to leave the guy who wanted to kill you. I think you need to take a second look of your college transcript!

7
I just read your post, and found your stories amazing! A guy tried to have you killed, and your body dumped in Santa Monica (my mother lived there years ago), and it took you several months to break up with him after that?!?! Then a guy steals from you on one date, and tries to kill you aging with peanuts on a second? Absolutely incredible. Hopefully you will realize that NY guys are different.

As for me, I have never tried to kill anyone, have never appeared on America's Most Wanted, and don't keep peanuts around the house (sometimes I put them in spicy Thai noodles when I make them - but I can use cashews instead). I am 5'11", with reddish brown hair, hazel green eyes, a football player build, d/d free and a non smoker. I have a good career (cop for 16 years), and am college educated (Cum Laude from a Catholic college in NYC). I enjoy live music, cooking (no peanuts...I know), travel, comedies, the outdoors, exploring the city and reading about history. If you are interested, and would like to know more, please let me know.

8
You can't imagine how bad I felt for you reading that.
I just want to reassure you that there are good guys
out there. I like to think of myself as one of them. I
'd like to buy you a coffee or maybe lunch? You choose
the place and you can bring whoever you want...cop,
big brother, bar bouncer, pit bull. It may or may not
lead to anything, but I just want to show you nice
guys really exist. Thanks for your time and I really
do hope to hear from you soon.
B***

9
I'm sorry for the past experiences you had; it's very tragic. Just a bit of advice...you have some serious trust issues and perhaps online dating is not the most suitable medium for you to get to know people. I'm not saying that you should absolutely trust anyone you don't know but the items you are asking for will put a strain on you getting to know anyone unless they the same kind of person you are. Anyhow, good luck to you...I hope your wounds will heal.

10
He tried to kill you and you broke up A COUPLE OF MONTHS LATER! WTF?

11
Wow. You waited 2 months to break up with a guy who just tried to
kill you???

And another guy tried to kill you with peanuts???

Where were you picking these guys up? SanQuentin? Were they giving
away free passes to the looney bin??

Sorry if that appears to be insulting, but I just have a hard time
believing...well, any of that. In all my years, I have never before
met a woman who fits the phrase "Hard Luck Woman" to this degree.
Restless Leg Syndrome, allergies to peanuts, and willing to date a
guy who actually IS carrying a weapon. Wow. I wish you luck.

12
You're a mess! lol Totally been beaten down by the
man..so-to-speak. Wow horrific stories - they must
grow men differently out in La? lol Strange and
pathetic. Anyway love to chat more about your life
history too - sound very much like a movie we need to
script!

13
theres a reason your single

14
Sorry to hear that.

But most all women bring it upon themselves because you go with the bad boy type that you either want to change into a good guy, or you go with a bad boy who you think is a good guy, but women have NO IDEA how to judge things especially a man.

The good guys to you are boring, predictable, not exciting and no fun.

When you use false criteria like boring, predictable, exciting and fun to judge a "Good man" or a man that you want to date from all the other character traits that you women SHOULD be looking for, that's what you end up getting.

I've heard these same disaster stories literally thousands of times over because women choose men based of illusory criteria because women just wanna have fun. It's a deception but women love deception since that's more fun then truth.

15
I'm honestly wondering if this is a serious ad or wether your joking....for some reason curiosity's really getting the better of me here.
-shy

16
Hi,

I read your post, its very interesting. You seem like a sweet woman, however whatever might of happen to you in the past is something you will never forget of course, but you got to move on.

I have met a lot of people on Craigslist, mostly making new friends this way, since I'm still new to the city. A word of advise, just meet someone in a big public place, such as a restaurant in Times Square or another location. This is perfectly safe. I think you asking for parents names, university records, etc is just a bit over doing it.

If you asked any respectful woman or guy, chances are she/he would tell you being safe is great, but your being paranoid. I wish you the best of luck and hopefully you are seeking professional help for your past misfortunes in life.

17
You sound like a real treat.

18
Youre a real psycho, but I like crazy girls and I think we should talk

19
Is this a serious ad?? If it is, I think Id like to meet just because you have some interesting stories to tell.... I thought I had stories, but no body ever tried to kill me and hide my body!

As far as your list of demands..... a pic is attached. you wont meet my mother or father, even if things developed, for quite a while. I dont share my fmaily with others until Im ready, which takes along time. An official college transcript?? How about I show you the 3 degrees on my desk at work; the seals are real, as I dont know of nay structural engineers that can 'fake it'. I have no food allergies, although Im not really a big fan of certain chinese food. my work history for past five years has been engineering company, engineering compnay , engineering company. you can look at my resume if you like. and our first date will only consist of either a meeting for coffee or an after work martini. An itinerary is unecessary because I dont even know if youre attractive yet. We do the meet n greet in a public place and go from there. Dont you think I would be a little nervous and want to meet in public too? Youre a stranger in nyc to me as well.....so we both procedd cautiously.... But I would give it a try becasue you sound NOT typical, which I dig.

And for physical stuff...Im 6'4, 170 lbs, blue eyes, blondish brown messy hair, did some modeling in the past, thin with a swimmers build, and a little bit dorky. And I live in brooklyn

-m******

20
thats the craziest story I ever read really---wow is ot true pr are
you a professional writer--geez man--sorry to hear--

im a normal guy--on the boring side--in NYC--send me a pic before I
write you again--I dont like peanuts either...haha

P***

2 comments:

aisha said...

Nice man. Extremely informative post. I'll be sure to pass this along to my tech guys.
1988 Ford Explorer AC Compressor

Anonymous said...

This is a better-quality article as they all are. I make fun of been wonder wide this an eye to some beat now. Its great to receive this info. You are fair and balanced.

VW Golf Turbocharger