Saturday, April 7, 2007

Responses: Some Fish For Your Chips

We had a few good responses on that one. In the interests of making this more readable (though my readership has dropped down to around 0 and 1 (including me)), I'll be posting only the few responses actually worth reading--rather than 30 or 40.

1
5'7''
asian
accountant
str8

"options should be amortized, not expensed you idiot!!!"

That's what I wanted to tell my boss when she told me the awesomeness and correctness of black scholes (a fleeting valuation model at best)

2

Hi :)

I liked the sincerity in your ad.

Things about me you'd like... I floss, I love
animals (especially dogs), I'm 32 and 5'11" tall.

Things about me that would make you think I'm
nuts... I'm a hot headed Italian, I hate slow drivers
who turn without signaling, I play bass guitar.

Things about me you'd report to the police... I ride
a sportbike with my dog (who's name is Tortellini by
the way). See attached photo.

If you're interested, hit me up. I'm wearing a
helmet and protective gear, so you can hit hard. lol.
just kidding.

-M
(Includes simultaneously funny and bizarro picture of man with his dog (a fruity poodle) strapped in one of those back-pack baby carriers. His arm is around a woman--a prostitute, perhaps?)

3
Chips,
I like it...
Im 36 korean, 5'10", fit, surf, bike, golf, ect....want kids soon as well...what would be there genetic make up if we did have kids? I could see what you mean about the bean counting (joke), there is a certain zen about the numbers....Im not an accountant, but did take a few classes in school that I enjoyed....
I thought T-accounts were fun....(you prob dont consider T-accts as accounting, hh)
S

4
well you sound like an amazing person and id be more than happy to help you out in the fatheringof your children but as far as being a father and raising the child/children im not sure im ready for that yet, id help financially if needed however and id be there for him part time just not as a husband or full time parent. about me my name i jason im a manager at a dennys, i live with a room mate in a nice place. i went through calculus ab in highschool yet failed 4 consecutive years of english and had to do summer school for all of them. i went to community college for 2 years slept all the way through and somehow graduated 9i think i tossed the degree because it was a wasted 2 years and pointless) i am 6'0 so i have no problem with larger women im muscular, jewish and extremley well endowed for a white male. i cant cook for the life of me but i have no problem doin the dishes, im a huge movie buff and love t.v. i also enjoy reading things like ludlow and clancy. ive enclosed an old pic of me frrom when i was 21 i look the same now just no facial hair. please send a pic of you back and any questions you may have.

5
Whats a liberal conservative??

6
I am 42, have a CPA license and am shorter than you (5' 9"). I was a bail bondsman for ten years, and have transferred my interest in crime to forensic accounting (I know nothing about SOX, never having done an audit in my life. You can lecture to me on that topic).

I surf, read, exercise, travel, and own two cats.

If interested correspond.

Andy

7
Hey there. I'm just curious, but why, at 27, are you so intent on having
children so soon. You're so young - only 27! So many things to do and
places to go before being tethered by the reality of children and
parenthood. Now, I understand that the meaning of life is the perpetuation
of one's species, but c'mon...what's in it for you if you don't delay that
just a bit...?

You probably won't dignify this with an answer, which is fine, but my
curiosity prompted me to write it anyway - obviously. :)

- J

8
Hey there! *winks*
Name's Travis. Don't know if you got my first message
(my computer messes up sometimes...*laughs*)
I checked you out (er, your posting...*grins*) on
craigslist. I see you are definitely a girl with a
love for life (and a sense of humor)...so figured I'd
shoot you a note and let's get to know each other...

Here's a fun question to get started:
which do you prefer?
fork? or spoon?
*sly grin*

Take care, talk with you soon.
-T

9
It sounds to me like your a complete nut and a looser. You should get a life.

10
Your comment on Sarbanes-Oxley caught my eye. I
really enjoy economics and more so am pretty addicted
to the stock market. I'm busy watching the subprime
market implode and waiting to see the Alt-A mortgage
market goes next with all the no document lones people
lied about. I actually made a decent amount of money
on shorting New Century before they filed bankruptcy
today. I've thought of going back to get a degree in
finance just because I'd like to be able to pull apart
the financials of companies better. Anyway I'm not
saying this to try and impress you. Honestly I don't
really think we'd be a match. Not because you don't
sound great but because I don't think I'm interested
in having kids right now or possibly at all. I would
be interested in talking shop as you put it.
Especially if ties to companies and the market. I
think our economy is going to get interesting pretty
soon with the slow down on the housing market. It's
possible we could both profit if we have some decent
ideas to bounce off of each other.

Take care,

T**

11
Hey super COOL gurl...or should i rather say Chippy :D. Thats cute! Anyways...im 32 young professional..architect. Just thought to say hi..you seem like a person worthy getting to know more :). Hope to hear from you soon.

xoxo
kevin

12
"I got a degree in engineering history" Well, i gots to say you are crazy. Why don't you go to a lab and make a child. You don't have any marketable securities to show anyone in the post i read.

I wish you the best of luck.

13
There's a difference between a criminal record and
warrants: having a record is not against the law. Go
back to being a lesbian, moron.

No comments: