Wednesday, February 21, 2007

CL Ad: Good Time Outdoors? (on Austin, TX Craigslist)

Let's turn a friendship into the relationship we're both looking for. I want a guy who knows how to treat a girl right--who knows how to be a man and isn't a wimp. If things work, maybe we could be married by April (how spontaneous are you?).

ABOUT ME:
I'm 27 and I live in Round Rock. I went to Stephen F. Austin for my degree in agribusiness, and have been running my own business since graduation. Basically, I hunt small rodents and make tiny fur coats for dolls out of their pelts to sell on eBay. I've been doing this for about 5 years now and really LOVE my work (though it sounds kind of weird at first). Business is good especially since we've started targeting the Chinese market. If you ask about my business, I'll probably not stop talking about it so be careful!

I also do a lot of activist work. One of the issues I'm working with is to fight against the drive to change the name of the city of Austin to the City of Bellsouth (which hasn't reached the Texas legislature yet, but you should write your state rep and tell him to keep Austin as Austin). I only found out about it because I stopped in to see my state rep in his office. But this is just one of several issues I'm concerned about.

ABOUT YOU:
You're Texan through and through. If you wear boots and drive a pick-up, maybe you're the kind of guy I'm looking for. You know how to two-step, but don't mind a vegetarian menu (as I am a vegetarian). I'm not specific on looks, but please be between 5' 2" and 5' 5" (as I myself am quite short). Please be either white or latino (but one of those latinos where I can tell my parents you're white and they'll believe me).

Most of my activities I do outdoors, so consider this when coming up with a good first date. An open-air concert, a walk, fishing, the zoo? Up front, I'll tell you I have Grauhgt's Syndrome, which causes a small amount of flatulence, which is beyond my control. Though I take medication to reduce the amount of flatulence, you may find it an issue. I feel comfortable explaining this here because we're strangers until we meet, and right now you have no idea who I am.

Please shoot me an email telling me about yourself and plans for the future.

No comments: