Tuesday, February 13, 2007

NEW CL Ad: Inspired by a real response

I put up a new Craigslist ad because after three or four days, I've received NO responses. Not one. Not a single solitary one.

This one might not either, but I put it up anyway. The latest ad is inspired by an actual response to a personal ad. I didn't receive this personally. Someone emailed this to me as a response to a legitimate personal ad. The original email that was sent as a response to the personal ad was this:

Hi I Read Ur Craigs List Ad And U Seem Like A Really Sweet Girl. My Name Is D***** Im 21 I Will Be 22 On Febuary 26th I Live In Loveland. But I Go To School In Fort Collins At Front Range. Im Taking The Semester Off Though So I Work And Save Up Some More Money To Go Back An Take The EMT Certification Course.Its Been One Of My Dreams To Be An EMT Because I Love To Help People And I Love Kids. I Love To Hang Out With My Friends. I Like Football Especially The Patriots I Like The Broncos 49ers And Raiders Too. I Know Alot About Electronics Especially Computers. I Like To Play Video Games Too. I Like The Outdoors. I Like To Go Iceskating,swimming,paintballing,bowling. I Also Like To Go To Clubs And Dance Although I Cant Dance Very Well But I Try.I Like To Go To Bars Sometimes. I SIng Karioke. I Dont Have That Good of a Voice But I Like To Sing!! Im An Old Fashion Type Of Guy So I Like To Be Romantic. Anyways Thats A Little Bit About Me

Tell Me About U
God Bless
D*****


So the personal ad I wrote is titled, "Let's Change Our Lives Together."

It is posted at http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/m4w/278447326.html. It follows here:

I want to meet the most amazing woman ever! And in return she gets to meet the most amazing man ever!

Let me tell you about me. My name is David and Im 21 and will be 22 on Febrary 26 It is going to be my birthday I am excited to turn 22. I live in Wittier but go to school at CalState LA. Im taking the Semester off though so I can work on getting some acting jobs and then will go back an get the degree in Fire Safety Technology which is really cool (been thinking about getting a degree in math or business tho!).Its been one of my dreams to be a fireman. Something about holding the hose in my hands and squirting it on things There's nothing like it and I love to help people. I like football including Fantasy Football! It is the greatest.

I am a big fan of Star Wars (Steven Speelburg is the best movie maker ever!). I go to Stars Wars parties sometimes My favorite thing to do (usully on weekend) is dress up like DARTH VADER and go to a mall. I think Darth Vader is really cool and people like it when I do this They think its really him (I hope!!). Im hoping another Star Wars comes so I can be in it Everybody needs to tell Steven Speelburg!

I like iceskating, swimming, bowling, paintballing, bungee jumping, poker, dancing, surfing. I like the outdoors. I'll dance with you but I dont dance good but I will try anything once: especially for you!! I sing karioke too! I don't have That Good of a Voice but I like to Sing way a whole lot!!

I drive a really cool car which is a 2005 BMW M5. My mom and dad are in real estate They sell a lot of houses I thought of doing it to but I'll stick with the car and stay in school. I tried acting but its too hard. I did a commercial for security system but that is the only acting work I did.

I hope I meet someone who loves Star Wars because it is the greatest movie ever. I hope you like to try new things but if if you like old things your old things might be new to me. Right? We can go to the beach and swim Soon it will be worm enough! You can drink but I dont do it all the time. Smoking is okay too with me because theres nothing too bad about it (but I dont do it that much!).

DONT EMAIL ME JUST BECAUSE I AM RICH. I am not rich but I drive a nice car so dont go out with me just because you want money. Lets go out and well have a lot of fun. Im just a regular guy Do you like paintball?

I cant wait to here from you so we can start our lifes together!

*(I also put up a picture of a guy looking introspective with the ad.)

1 comment:

Megann said...

the inspiration email should have also included: I Like To Capitalize Every Word Because It's Too Hard For Me To Remember Which Ones Are Supposed To Be Capitalized.