Thursday, February 22, 2007

RESPONSES (VOL 1): Austin CL Ad for Vegetarian Rat Pelt Peddler

I love Texans. Well, not all of them, and not all the time. I decided it was time to take this project on the road, so we started with Austin. Of course, I wasn't thinking and put that the person in the ad was from Houston. But whatever.

Austin, my friends, did not disappoint. What we have is gold. Take a gander. There's quite a few responses, so I'll post up a few at a time.


1
I love you

2
Subject Line: Farts are funny

but seriously.. I am 29, 5/6". blak hair, hazel eyes, and drive a pick-up truck for now.. am working on a 1968 galaxy 500 convertible... .. work on odd jobs and such.. have some stuff i am dealing with right now.. shouel be one or two months before I get it cleared up... no kids.. .. i had no idea they are trying to change Austin's name.. they gave away out toll roads and lotterty and now our name... damn.. well ciao for now..

3
Subject Line: This is the funniest ad I have ever read :)

Good job. :)

J****

4
I find your ad one of the funniest ads i've ever read. Seriously, thats hilarious..doesn't even seem real. You really make small fur coats out of little rodents you kill? AND you're vegetarian? wow..one of life's unexpected surprises i guess. The flatulence is cool, i've been vegetarian for 11 years and as a result of where i have to get my protein i have a similar issue.
I just got finished working with Clean Water Action because of the Coal Plants --there was that huge protest at the capital a couple of sundays ago did you go? Rick Perry is trying to fast track 19 new coal plants into texas and the reprocussions are very bad so a lot of us are banding together to stop that.
My future? It is a magnola leaf on the jet stream. I'm white, 24 y/o 5'9 musician, thinker, someone who's fun to hang out with but maybe a little too crazy to get to know honestly..i think too much and am way out there because i think that everything we do has an effect on the world around us, so we should be conscious and less unware. For most people thats too much, obliviousness beckons and they give in..even myself sometimes

t****

5
hi im j******. well 1st off WOW ur like so so so perfect!!! anyways umm well i rly dont know what to say lol. umm well i got pics at http://austin.craigslist.org/m4w/xxxxxxx.html if ur still interested and wanna check em out. umm anything else u wanna know bout me please feel free to ask. well i hope to hear from u soon. thanks!

xoxoxoxoxoxo

j*****

6
why Bellsouth? why if they changed Austin would they change it to that? Please explain this. What is the signifigance of bellsouth?

Also I'm white 31, 5'4 cowboy truck driver type.


7
wow, I had to read your craigs post 2 or 3 times, then pinch myself just to be sure I wasn't dreaming...wow...did I say wow? I am an avid doll collector, and none of them have rodent pelt coats..and now I know that is just wrong..so, even if we don't click as a couple, perhaps you can help outfit my little babies (and, yes, I am a masculine guy who wears cowboy boots, just because I have this collection doesn't make me less of a man).

I am white, but just a tad on the dark side, so you would be safe telling your parents that I am white, latino, spanish, or greek (although I only speak english, I do enjoy "french" and "greek", if you know what I mean :-) ))

The zoo on a first date?! I would have done that anyway, I love the zoo! Especially the Austin zoo, because it is filled with rescue animals, and I think that is just so cool...plus, it's a great motorcycle ride out to the zoo, and I do have a really cool bike (if you like that sort of thing)....and, no worries about the flatulence thing, my sense of smell isn't that great anyway (but my hearing is, so just be silent, if you can)

wow...if this did work for us, would you be agreeable to moving the wedding date up to March? why wait for April when March is almost here.....

until next time, my precious

8
Hello... I'm a 33 single male from Austin, Texas. I like to do a lot of things fun. Like to go to movies, lake, hang out downtown and other stuff. I'm also a very very passionate person also. Email me at TX****@aol.com for more info if you want to know more about me.... Take Care... S***..

*(Includes the following pic. Usually, I don't post pics to keep the responders anonymous, but I also have a sacred obligation to the people that take their time to look at this drek.)


9
Come on now. You hunt small rodents and make fur coats for dolls. Pretty good. I have to admit. Your not going to believe this, but I to hunt small rodents and make fur coats out thier pelts. I thought I had the market cornered, but I guess not. All this rodent killing, but your a vegetarian. So, you have no problem killing animals, just eating them. Right? Last, but not least, youhave a disease that makes you pass a lot of gas. Well, I must say. That makes you the poster child every man wants to take home to meet the parents. BTW, my dads a State Rep. and he is totally against the name change. He's all about getting rid of the Hippies instead. Get your State Rep. to get with my dad and see what they can hash out. Hit me back up. Nice feet.

10
I am a hunter so I love your job. I may not wear boots to school or work but i
have them if I need them. Im damn sure country enough because I love off
roading, hunting, cars, trucks and all that good stuff plus my moms a vegetarian
so I know a little about how to handle you. I love the fact that your short
because I am too. Im 5.6 .
heres some pics send me yours if you like them

11
excellent! not among the I'm bored crowd; thanks!

12
Subject Line: From the Friends and Amigos of Rodents in Texas

Hi,

I don't think the payoff on the joke I was going for with the made up organization
in my subject line is good enough to spend the first two or three paragraphs to get
to the punch line. You can figure out what the acronym is without a big buildup.

I'll get right to the point.

I have an extra ticket to the Jim Gaffigan show at the Paramount tomorrow (I'm taking
some of my friends to see him) and I am looking for someone with a wild hair (or pelt)
to go fill the seat and have a drink or two after the show.

I am going with two really good female friends, if we talk I'll tell you the interesting story
behind that. I know you'll enjoy them, everyone does. With me? You never know.
You are the one I got the urge to email so could be kismet, may never work.

Luckily, I think the comic will do most of the talking so we won't have too many uncomfortable
silences. I think it might be the only blind date where you are guaranteed to have some great
laughs. The seats are prime, fourth row back I think.

I am attaching a picture, see if you are interested. I am an older than average student, getting
my degree in RTF at UT and TPT FDC NFL QPQ and all that too.

I think we should talk a little and see if each is interested in going further. I'm not Brad Pitt but
I have good genes, a substantial IQ and I never have to use spell check. I have lived in Cancun,
been in a cage with a five hundred pound Bengal Tiger that was only partly trained, been bitten
by a leopard in that same week. I once tipped a gendarme in Paris to let me and my (former)
fiancée into the room at the top of the Eiffel tower for some semi-discreet fun.

Also, I am so white, your parents might have to wear sunglasses (believe me, I know about the
parents thing, my sister just mentioned dating a guy of color once and my mother nearly lost
her mind). But seriously, I've got a decent tan, better now than in the picture.

Lot's more to tell but I don't want to spoil it, if you are interested and have free long distance,
call me on my internet phone, 513-***-****
If you don't have free long distance, call my cell 512-***-**** and we'll see what happens
(I give you both because the net phone is cheaper than the cell and even though I'm not cheap,
I REALLY hate giving all my money to phone companies).

F***
*(Who the fuck is Jim Gaffigan?)

All right, so that's Volume 1 of the Texas responses. I'll have Volume 2 up really soon. Keep checking.

2 comments:

Megann said...

the picture is breaking my fucking heart.....seriously....do we have a conscience? even one, among all of us? we have to have a little heart for this dude....he's out there, getting professional photos taken, trying his best to meet a girl to settle down with, or maybe just to get a blow job from in the back of an old movie theatre.....how can we jerk him around like this?

Ryan Medalie said...

Hey, us jerking him around is the most action he'll be getting if he circulates too many pictures like that.