Sunday, February 18, 2007

CL Ad Woman Seeking Men: Smile Me Your Smiling Eyes

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/w4m/280554966.html

Check out the latest Craigslist ad. Tell me what you think. Does it make sense? I think it's kind of funny, but it's Chinese New Years and it's 3:45 in the morning. A lot of things are funny. Bob Saggot? Funny. Tornadoes? Not funny. Blue cheese? Fucking hilarious.

So here's the latest ad (as well as at the above address)...

Smile Me Your Smiling Eyes - 27 (Santa Monica)

Hey, y'all! I'm looking for some fun. Maybe we could go paddleboat in Silver Lake or go bowling in Pasadena or something like that. I'm looking for an LTR, but low pressure. And you've got to like cats and not mind my obsession with the 1946 to 1959 New York Knickerbockers. I've been having trouble looking for someone, but I feel my luck is about to change.

The Man I'm Looking For:
I'm looking for a tall man with smiling eyes. Are you spontaneous and do you love good food? Me too. Do you LOVE sports? Do you especially have a place in your heart for bowling? Cool, me too! You're a professional man who isn't living at home; and if you are, it's because you want to and not because you have to. You can eat a big manly cheeseburger just as easily as a plate of pad thai or war won ton soup. And as you read my ad, you feel the "connection" that I hope you do too.

Who I am:
I'm a 27 year old very busy professional. I'm in the early stages of starting a magazine (we're in the early logistics stages, but you'll see our first issue within about 6 to 9 months if all goes well). It's called YTP (for Young Transformed Professional), and it's really the first magazine of its kind. As mentioned, I LOVE sports. I have a degree in sports history from New Mexico State University and spent a short time in minor league baseball before making my big change. I still enjoy bowling, and play in the Los Angeles Transformed Bowling League. I'm white and not religious; I hope you can respect my lack of religion, as I will respect YOUR religion (or lack thereof). Religion was shoved down my throat growing up (literally), so I've stayed away from it in adulthood and have really changed my mind about a lot of things.

I must be up front and let you know that I am now post-op. I am now a woman. I have the correct anatomy, and nobody I've spoken with or talked to notices any difference between me and other women. Sometimes I get mail addressed to my previous identity, but I've always identified myself as a woman. If I didn't say anything, I guarantee you would never know. However, in the interests of honesty, I feel I must tell you now rather than later (ie. when you ask why I get a lot of mail for some guy).

I look forward to your email. Please include a pic or two, and I'll email you back with the same.

No comments: