Saturday, February 3, 2007

Two Ads For the Price of One

The following two ads were linked together. The general idea was that a girlfriend is dissatisfied with her relationship, and decides that she and her boyfriend should put up personal ads to find people to go on a double date with.

First, the girl's ad:

Looking to be Happier With Someone Better! - 27 (Santa Monica)
My boyfriend and I have decided to try out a way to meet new people. Since we agreed our relationship isn't really "moving forward" we thought we'd each place an ad on Craigslist. We'll each meet someone and go on a double date at a nice restaurant. It'll be a lot of fun, and we're both really cool with the idea. I think we can hopefully meet some cool people, and I think I can find someone totally better than him.

I think this is kind of like the game show Love Connection.

ABOUT ME: I love to be pampered. I love a man who knows what I want before I say them. I just want someone who knows how to have a good time, doesn't take life (or me! haha!) too seriously. I'm a 5'4" caucasian girl with no VISIBLE tattoos (haha).

I went to college at the College of Santa Fe in New Mexico, but couldn't find a job in what I studied so I went to cosmetology school. I tried getting into movie makeup, but found much greater opportunity in the funeral industry. Basically, I do hair and makeup for the recently deceased, and have my own business doing so (including making faces and bodies presentable for open-casket after tragic injury). Some people are really squeamish around dead people, but I have no problem with them. Since they don't even move, it really makes it that much easier! I've been working on a web page with some of my work, but it's not up yet.

ABOUT YOU: You love to pamper and have a good time. Since Geoff (my current boyfriend) is 5'10" I'd prefer you to be at least an inch taller. He also makes $52,000 working for the City of Los Angeles; I hope you make much more than this so we have something to talk about during dinner (though even slightly more is okay). He drives a Nissan Sentra; I hope you drive something nicer (like a BMW or Mercedes, but this is totally NOT required). He went to a public university; I hope you went to a private university, or at least somewhere better than where he went.

I totally won't compare you to Geoff, though. Everyone is an individual, and if two people just click, then they click and that's that. My main concern is to find someone who's really nice, good looking, and smart (though it wouldn't be hard to meet my requirements, right?). Do you like good music and good movies? I think we'll have a lot of fun.

NOTE: I'm open to dating guys of ANY race. I blame this on my dyslexia (it was way worse when I was a kid), but if you look like everyone else in your race, you might have to wear a certain color of shirt so I can pick you out of a crowd (I usually only have this problem with Asian guys, and I totally mean no offense).

See the picture of my latest hairdo below. Send me a pic and a little something interesting, and I'll write you back with another pic. If you just copy and paste the same email to me as you do to all the ads you respond to, don't waste your time.
*(Included was a picture of the back of a friend's head. Half the hair was dyed blonde.)

Why Can't We Just Have Some Fun? (28) - Redondo Beach
I'm looking for someone to go out with on a double date with my girlfriend. Last week, I proposed to her (at a romantic nighttime picnic on the beach in the moonlight), and instead of saying yes or no, she pretended she hadn't heard me propose. I told her I loved her and wanted to marry her, and she said it'd be fun if we both found someone on Craigslist and went on a double date.

This was all her idea. If I don't find someone, then there will still be a "date night," but I'll be the third wheel (with my own girlfriend). She says it'll be a lot of fun. So let's go out, we'll have some fun, we'll watch a movie, and we'll see where things lead.

What I'm Looking For:
I'm looking for someone with a really good sense of humor, who loves to laugh, and doesn't mind that I don't aspire to make a million dollars a year. Hopefully you're nothing like my girlfriend. Do you love art? I myself am a sculptor (more on me in a minute). Do you like good movies? I myself am also a director of a couple of films (more in a minute). I hope you're under the age of 35, but over 24. One of my requirements is that you must speak in a grammatically correct manner. If you use the word 'anyways' in a sentence, I don't want to talk to you.

I'd also prefer you to be a former (or future) Playboy Playmate, but this is not required.

Who I Am:
Though I am a city employee for my day job (boring job, don't ask), I am a sculptor and director. As far as sculpting, I like to say I'm a Sculptor of the Untouchable Mediums. I've used such mediums as macaroni and cheese mixed with plaster, hardened mashed carrots (think of when Richard Dreyfus made the mashed potato sculpture in Close Encounters of the Third Kind), cow dung and grass clippings, and papier mache (usually I use something like store receipts, pages from books I don't like, etc.) over wire mesh. Most of my sculptures are admittedly phallic in nature. I've directed small low-budget films about my work. I try to come up with a story about my work and have it acted out; no screenplays, just pure acting. If my work catches on, maybe I'll be able to do it full time.

I went to college for accounting, but that doesn't matter. I'm just a laid back guy with a lot of interests. I love to learn and read all kinds of different books. I lean towards the right politically, but don't like politics. When I vote, I hardly look, but just check all the boxes that say Republican. And that's the last we'll talk of politics.

Send me an email with a picture.

No comments: