Saturday, February 24, 2007

RESPONSES (VOL 2): Austin CL Ad for Vegetarian Rat Pelt Peddler

I really enjoy the ads from our friends in Texas. Endless entertainment. Let's continue with Voume 2, shall we?

13
I can send you a pic. you won't be disappointed. I also have 2 Harley's and a Boat for fun. Drop me a line.
*(Unfortunately, no penis, though.)

14
im e****, and im 18, currently in school i want to start my own electrical company around the age of 26, im 5'8 ,140 i know you said you wanted someone at max 5'5 but i think shorter women are breathtakingly beautiful.oh by the way i am latino, and i dont have an accent, i have a deep voice that a lot of girls have told me they liked, i do drive a truck its a 01 chevy silverado, shes beautiful, lol. i have a pair of boots i bought in missouri but they just sit in my closet, well, if your interested message me back so we can exchange pics or something

15
i didn't read you message but you have nice sandals. my plans for the future include wearing boots and trying not to step into the cactus on the ranch

16
Wanted to say hi to you! and you also have nice feet? can't believe i said that but oh well you really do i don't fit your description cause i am taller you just sound like a really fun person me? just a plain ol country boy live south of austin about 2 hrs single guy that likes to go fishin and yes i can dance am a little bit older than you but like having fun! too much to tell got a great job always enjoy talking to a nice person nothing wrong with that right! my name is T**** email is k****@sbcglobal.net

17
Graughgt's syndrome causes flatulence? No wonder you like being outdoors, hopefully downwind.. Sorry, couldn't resist...

18
Hi nice ad! I love your toes. 25/m/Austin college educated and work for Tx***. Currently studying massage therapy. I am very spontaneous and know how to treat a girl right. I love to have fun and also be romantic. I am mexican also. For a first date, i would love to do something fun and maybe a little crazy. Something i have never been to or sone before. Here are some pics. Write me back. :) bye

19
look for "winning you over... Is that you?" on the M4W and tell me what you think. let me know if you want to know more.

Do you have a pic besides your beautiful feet? I'd like to know/see more.

Thanks

20
You are either really funny, or incredibly weird... Unless you are rich,
then you are eccentric. Eccentric is better. Not because of the money, but
because of the incredibly high level of tolerance that everyone affords you,
because of the money. If nothing else, that all to itself is funny.
Incredibly weird is also entertaining, for a similar reason, except instead
of tolerance, it's all about the reactions of the "normal" people as you tan
and cut animal pelts. I can only imagine the look on your face as your
intense focus is honed in on the proper stitch pattern required to allow
fluid movement at the sleeve. If you ever organize a rally to to protest for
one of your causes, you should definitely bring your sewing gear.

I don't know what to say about the Graught's, except that I hear there is a
lot of promising research... I hope one of these days, they find a cure...

F****

21
Hi there, how's it going. I'm J***, 25, from Austin. I'm 6 feet, blonde hair, blue eyes. I ran across your post on craigslist and got the feeling that you were a really cool person. It's really hard to find quality people these days, so you definitely seem like someone I should get to know. I'm an all around good guy, so I think I'm just what you are looking for! I have ambition, a job, a car, a house, and my act together.

I went to the University of Texas, and graduated from there with a degree in Psychology. I plan on going back to grad school to work on my Ph D in the near future. Tell me some more about you. What kind of work do you do? What kinds of things do you like to do for fun?

I responded to your ad because you seemed so sincere and honest. I find that very refreshing!

I'm new to this site, so if there's anything you want to ask me or want to know, please do ask. I've attached a picture of myself to this email for you. Hope to hear back from you soon. I really did like your post....you seem like a cool person!

Talk to you soon,
*(Sincere and refreshing, dude. That's me.)

22
Are you effin serious? Your profile made me laugh my ass off.

23 (long fucking email)
Saw your add on Craigs List and just thought I would drop you a line.

I'm C***. I am 24 and I am fairly new to Austin. I moved here a few months ago in the late summer when I ran out of money in my last Semester of my junior year of college at Sam Houston State where I was working on my bachelors degree in History.

Im 5'7 or 5'7 give or take a half an inch, 220 lbs. I am a very laid back person, this is a result of working 40+ hours a week at work. Im just looking for someone to spend my extra time with instead of burning my days off around my house doing absolutley nothing. I have a place with a roommate in South Austin and I drive back and forth to work in downtown.

I work for AT&T as a field technician. Yeah go figure history degree and working for a telecomm company...Its crazy never thought I would wind up doing that. I was in the army for 6 years before getting out in March of 2006. I spent time on active duty and in the guard.

Im not from Austin, I hate the city. I am a country boy/redneck/cowboy or whatever other stuff you want to call me. I dont mind it though..I am who I am, and Im looking for someone that can deal with that and work through all my quirky things and have a long, meaningful relationship with. I grew up in deep east Texas along the Trinity River in a town with about ummm 500 people in it? I love to fish and I think a bad day fishin is better than a good day at work.

I think I am fairly easy to get along with. Im attracted to smart, cute, laid back women. I dont like playing the games that come with dating so I am kind of looking for someone that wont do those types of things and I can be the man in her life and support her and let her know that I need her just as bad as she needs me. Im old fashioned, in todays society and independence of women, I dont know if most women want someone like that, but I also dont want someone that cant do anything for herself. She should have a job, car, and her own money. Ill buy you stuff and spoil you within my means but I cant afford to fork out money left and right for various things and pay your bills.

Well I think Ive gone on long enough if you want to talk I would look forward to it. You can reach me via email, yahoo, or AIM!:)

Yahoo: *******
AIM: *******

PS: Thats an older picture and the best one Ive got.

Thanks for givin me a bit of your time.

C***

*(You just don't get emails like this in response to LA Craigslist Ads. There's something just so Texas about this ad.)

24
hey there... hows it going gorgeous? :)

25
Subject Line: you are ridiculously full of shit!
I like your style. Maybe not.
I chop down trees for a living, one by one. Hand axes seems sooooo much more personal than a chainsaw. You can actually hear the tree whimper and cry as you drive the blade in.
As for the ladies, I'm all about the amazons. I'm 5'7" and totally deadset on exploring my Napolean Complex. Tall girls make me feel verrrrry uneasy and that's right where I like to be. As long as I'm in charge, you and I will see eye to eye.
The outdoors are cool with me too. I hike, jog and like to mow. I'm a modern day Daniel Boone. Just last week I "got my nature on" while fastwalking at Zilker. I'm crazy like that.
Vegetarian, huh? That's cool, I like veggies too.
As for the gas thing....woow...what to say...I googled that and ended up with Gehrigs disease. Holy crap. Baseball will jack you up.
Cheers,
_j

26
your post was just what I needed...a good laugh. If you are telling the truth then I admire your honesty (and sorry for laughing) and if your lying... then I admire your creativity

27
You have found your self a match. I love the outdoors and I also make money on ebay by exploiting the environment. IM 26 and was born in Austin graduated from Texas State with a natural resource management degree, now I work in ****. IM 6 foot even however and I drive a ****, hope that's cool. I don't normally look for relationships through the Internet but I cant sleep tonight and read your posting. check out my myspace http://www.myspace.com/j****

28
Hats off to you. This is the funniest fucking post I've seen in Austin W4M probably ever. I'm nominating it for a 'best of'.

29
There is nothing about you to like.... right?

You have championed the dumbest idea I have ever heard of,... bellsouth!

you fart a lot, you like short guy's and you hunt rats???
Really??

Vegetarian to boot? I can take the constant farting but never a vegetableterrier.... see?

I think you are very creative and funny.

Thanks

30
Hi, just a quick note to let you know I love your profile~ great!!! I may be a bit older than you are looking for... Take care and good luck! yeah sfa!!!!

And thus ends tonight's installment. I'm working on the next ads. I feel the responses to this ad are pretty good.

Any requests for the next ad? Which city should we visit next with our ad? Albuquerque? Flint, Michigan? St. Louis? Berkeley? Any special requests?

2 comments:

Source Jockey said...

Berkeley sounds good. Maybe you should try posting two--one that's really liberal-sounding, and another that's über-convervative.

Ryan Medalie said...

I like that: an activist from PETA, and another that eats pita but hates PETA.